WHAT IS HTML YOU SAY?
For those of you who are asking what is HTML. Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is not just a programming language. In fact, it is a markup language written to inform the browser how to build a foundation of your webpages for the viewing.
WHAT IS THE ELEMENTS OF HTML?
HTML consists a series of elements allosing a "front-end" programmer (web developer) to develop the webpages:
- Opening Tag: An element that is wrappped in opening and closing angle. It indicates where the element starts to take effect such as a header or paragraph.
- Closing Tag: An element that is similar to opening tag, except a closing tag indicates where the element ends.
- Content: A content of the elements -- usually a text such as the title of the Header or the wordings in the paragraph.
- Element: "Formula"= "Opening Tag" + "Content" + "Closing Tag"
Example of Element
<p>Welcome to A World of Data</p>
Opening Tag = "<p>" Closing Tag = "</p>" Content = "Welcome to A World of Data"
WHAT IS HTML BLOCK?
- 1. <html>
- 2. <head>
- 3. <title>Title of Page </title> ** Note: This page title will be shown on the tab section of the webpage **
- 4. </head>
- 5. <body>
- 6. <h1>This is the Heading </h1>
- 7. <p>This is a paragraph </p>
- 8. </body>
- 9. </html>